Understanding the Science of Change
Before we can embrace change, we first have to unlearn our old ways of doing things. This 1 hour course will teach you how to utilize behavioral psychology techniques to help overcome resistance to change in yourself and in others.
Cost: $35 (contact for group rate)
Length: 1 hour
Format: Instructor facilitated self study
Access information: Course access granted at the beginning of each week.
What can science tell us about why people resist change? What you can do to help your staff adjust? This course covers how to utilize behavioral psychology techniques to help overcome resistance to change in yourself and in others.
Before we can embrace change, we first have to unlearn our old ways of doing things.
This 1 hour course will provide participants with:
- The most effective unlearning techniques.
- What the process of change is really like and what to expect
- How to train yourself and others to embrace change over time.
Topics covered include:
- How to unlearn old behaviors
- How to train up new behaviors
- How to use rewards and reinforcements to maximize change adoption
Who should take this course?
- Anyone struggling with change
- Change Management Professionals
- Leaders looking for a psychological insight into how and why people resist change
- Human Resources Professionals (HRCI, SHRM, AHRI, CHRP, CHRL, CHRE)
- Certified Diversity Executive (CDE) and Certified Diversity Professional (CDP) seeking re-certification from The Institute for Diversity Certification (IDC).
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP)
- Life Coaches and Conflict Coaches (ICF)
- Certified Legal Manager (CLM)
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA or BCaBA)
Continuing Education Credit: 1 hour
This course is approved through HRCI (E-Learning Business credit) and through SHRM (Self Paced E-Learning). You can select a HRCI, SHRM and/or a general certificate. If you would like to self certify this course for continuing education self study credit for CHRP, HRPA, AHRI, IDC, ICF, CLM, BCBA or CPLP credit, select the general certificate option. See our certifications page for more information.
This is a 1 hour online program. You can study at your own pace but still have access to the instructor to ask questions, interact with your fellow students and more. All participants will be required to take an online test to receive their certificate of completion. You will have one week from the start of the course to complete these materials.
This course is ideal for anyone interested in change management.
To participate in this course you will need Internet access and the ability to view youtube style videos. The course will work on home computers and tablets such as the iPad.
About the Instructor:
Jennifer Hancock is one of the top writers and speakers in the Humanist world today. Author of The Humanist Approach to Happiness and The Bully Vaccine. Jennifer has the ability to combine science, philosophy and common sense into actionable intelligence.
Jennifer has a background in animal training and psychology. In this course she will teach you how unlearning occurs so that you can better understand how new behaviors are adopted.
Money Back Guarantee
If you are unhappy with the course, or don’t pass the final exam, you may request your money back within 15 days
Group Discount:Groups of 5 or more are eligible for a discount. Please email me at email@example.com
Courses start weekly – register now!