Jennifer Hancock (Founder)
Jennifer Hancock is the author of several best selling and award winning books and is the founder of Humanist Learning Systems. Not only was she raised as a Humanist, she is considered one of the top speakers and writers in the world of Humanism today. Her professional background is varied including leadership positions in both the for profit and non-profit sectors.
She teaches Humanism – a combination of Love, Rationality, Science & Responsibility. Her courses will give you hope. It will help you simplify your life by reducing complexity of the problems you face, which will in turn – help you reduce your anxiety. Finally- because this is all science based – it will work.
What makes her unique is that she teaches humanistic approaches grounded in dignity and compassion coupled with science based behavioral modification techniques to create positive workplace cultures that eliminate unwanted behaviors like bullying, harassment and discrimination while positively reinforcing the behaviors you do want.
Ms. Hancock has a BA in Liberal Studies from the University of Hawaii at Manoa (1990). Her field of study combined cognitive linguistics, anthropology and psychology. While in college, she apprenticed as a dolphin trainer for a dolphin language/cognition laboratory which is where she learned the behavioral science and behavior modification techniques she now teaches.
Ms. Hancock has worked in executive leadership roles her entire career (since graduating college in 1990). She has literally never not worked in leadership/management. In the course of her career she has provided training to companies all over the world for both executive leadership as well as staff. She started training and coaching staff in her first job out of college as the director of volunteer services for the Los Angeles SPCA., and has provided training, support and mentoring programs at every job she’s held since including her stint at the manager of acquisition group information for a 1/2 billion dollar company.
She has over 30 years of experience working in executive leadership and in providing leadership and management training to others. If you let her, she can teach you how to be a more authentic and effective leader who is both powerfully ethical and armed with the technical skills required to master whatever challenges you face with grace and dignity.
Check out her courses and books below to see how she can help you.
What sort of impact does Jennifer have on people? Check out this post from Nikhil Dey, president of Genesis Burson-Marsteller who saw Jennifer speak in India: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-happy-work-nikhil-dey/
Courses taught by Jennifer Hancock
- Workplace Bullying for HR professionals
- Socratic Jujitsu: How to Win Arguments Without Argument
- Why Conflict Resolution Doesn’t Work When the Problem is Bullying
- Bridging the Generational Divide: Millennials vs. Boomers
- Reality Based Decision Making for Effective Strategy Development
- How to De-Escalate Conflicts Using Behavioral Science
- Preventing Passive Aggressive People from Wreaking Havoc in the Workplace
- Ending Harassment and Retaliation in the Workplace
- Why is Change so Hard?
- Principles of Humanistic Management
- 7 Sins of Staff Management
- How to Handle Cranky Customer Problems
- Living Made Simpler
- An Introduction to Humanism
- New Manager Orientation
- Humanist Group Leadership Lessons
- Sexual harassment training that works – general
- Sexual harassment training that works – AB 1825
- Stop Bullying in our Workplace – Staff Training
- Sexual Harassment Compliance Training
- No Fear Act training
- Planning for Personal Success!
- Talking to your child about death
- The Bully Vaccine Toolkit
- How to talk to your child’s school about bullying
- Why Bullies Bully & How to Stop Them
Books by Jennifer
DVDs & Streaming Videos: