Federal law prohibits sexual harassment in the workplace. The EEOC encourages all employers to take steps necessary to prevent sexual harassment from occurring. One of the main ways employers try to help is through sexual harassment training programs. In this course we will discuss how to create a sexual harassment training that will actually work.
This FREE 2 hour training is designed general education. If you are looking for CA specific training or CA specific certification, please register for our CA Edition.
Length: 2 hours
Format: Instructor facilitated self study
Access information: Course access granted at the beginning of each week.
Who should take this course?
- Human Resources Professionals (HRCI, SHRM, HRPA, CHRP, AHRI)
- Certified Diversity Executive (CDE) and Certified Diversity Professional (CDP) seeking re-certification from The Institute for Diversity Certification (IDC).
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP)
Continuing Education Credit: 2 hours
You can select an HRCI, SHRM and/or a general certificate. If you would like to self certify this course for continuing education self study credit for HRPA, CHRP, AHRI, IDC, ICF or CPLP credit, select the general certificate option. See our certifications page for more information
- Develop/select and implement employee training programs (Area 03, Knowledge 03)
- Applicable federal laws affecting employment, such laws affecting discrimination and harassment (Area 05, Knowledge 50)
- Develop/select, implement and evaluate plans and policies to protect employees and minimize liability (Area 06, Responsibility 05)
- Knowledge of potential violent behavior and workplace violence conditions (Area 06, Knowledge 67)
- Core knowledge of adult learning processes (Area 06, Knowledge 80)
- Core knowledge of change management theory (Area 60, Knowledge 90
- Why tackle sexual harassment (federal law and ethical considerations)
- What is sexual harassment and how does it related to other forms of harassment
- Realistic expectations for your training program
- What it takes to actually end harassment in the workplace
Specifically, this course will discuss how behavioral psychology can be used to help us create anti-harassment training programs that actually work.
“I highly recommend the Sexual Harassment training course offered by Humanist Learning Systems. The course is in-depth and does not cut any corners. It goes into the psychological element that allows perpetrators to continue to victimize others and offers a solution to address current conduct problems. The course is great!” – Alfredo Rodriguez, Bienvivir
“I really enjoyed this program! Such insight into Harassment/Bullies. A completely different aspect than I have ever heard before. Great information. Thank you again for your quick response to all of my emails. You are a pleasure to work with and I look forward to participating in many more.” – Gail Snyder, Avalon Foods
“I enjoyed it very much. The program was very user friendly and informative.” – Angail Webb, Wintex
“This course was unique in that it did not just address having a policy and reporting mechanism. It actually taught how to stop the behavior. This course is beneficial because it covers material not usually discussed.” – Jessica Shaw, Ohio State University
“Thank you for the introductory training, the retaliation element was truly eye opening and valuable knowledge.” – Ann Benke, Shawcor
“This course was nicely presented and well organized… Jennifer is very knowledgeable. I am definitely considering more courses on this topic.” – Jill Collins, Lakota Online
“This course was very informative, especially for someone who has been in HR for over 20 years and heard lots of training on this topic. Very well presented and it gave great insights from a psychological point of view. Definitely worth taking and not just for HRCI credit.” – Pamela Sweeney, Sykes Enterprises Inc.
“This training was very informative. I would recommend it to all HR professionals.” – Scott Stiller – Coastal Carolina University
“I really liked the video series. The speaker was engaging and easy to follow.” – Fawn Sanchez, Amazon
“This training contained wonderful content to expand the training I currently provide to employees. I always knew I shouldn’t be just reciting legal content, but I didn’t know how to really communicate about preventing or stopping harassment. This gave me tools to pass on to my managers and employees.” – Laura Davis, Ignite HR
Two hour online program: includes video lessons, handouts and other reading materials. You can study at your own pace but still have access to the instructor to ask questions, interact with your fellow students, and more. All participants will be required to take an online test to receive their certificate of completion.
To participate in this course you will need Internet access and the ability to view youtube style online videos. The course will work on home computers and tablets such as the iPad.
Jennifer Hancock is the author of The Bully Vaccine and founder of Humanist Learning Systems. Her approach to bullying is unique in that she teaches the science of HOW to get a bully to stop using operant conditioning. Her approach has been endorsed by psychologists and other professionals who deal with bullying and harassment on a regular basis.
Register for the FREE program Now! Courses start weekly.