One of the hardest personality types to manage in the workplace is the passive aggressive individual.
Can behavioral science help us learn how to deal with passive aggressive people so that we can more effectively solve our problems without getting drawn into unnecessary drama? Yes it can and Jennifer Hancock, author of several award winning books and founder of Humanist Learning Systems will teach us how.
Cost: $35 (contact for group rate)
Length: 1 hour
Format: Facilitated Self Study
Access information: Course access granted at the beginning of each week.
One of the hardest personality types to manage in the workplace is the passive aggressive individual. By their very definition, their aggression is passive and therefore hard to identify and stop. The problem is they create large levels of uncertainty. In fact, they thrive on uncertainty, which is bad for business. Passive aggressive individuals leave, fear, uncertainty and doubt in their wake. Learning how to spot, and handle passive aggressive people is an important leadership skill.
This program discusses how passive aggressive behavior is rewarded. Techniques to ensure passive aggressive behavior doesn’t interfere with workflow, how to take responsibility for your part of the interaction and how to make sure you aren’t part of the problem. This discussion will cover 3 reasons why people behave passively aggressively and help you learn how to respond professionally and effectively to the problem so that these individuals don’t wreak havoc in your workplace.
1) Learn a science based approach to dealing with passive aggressive employees
2) Understand how compassion and professionalism can help resolve workplace behavior issues
3) Be able to reinforce organizational core values by modeling respectful behavior in difficult situations
- Why people behave passive aggressively
- When it’s not passive aggressive but a symptom of something else
- How to manage a truly passive aggressive situation using behavioral science
- A humanistic approach to being professional when others aren’t
Certificates of Completion
This course is approved through HRCI (E-Learning Generalcredit) and through SHRM (Self Paced E-Learning – pending). You can select a HRCI, SHRM and/or a general certificate. If you would like to self certify this course for continuing education self study credit for CHRP, HRPA, AHRI, IDC, ICF, CLM, BCBA or CPLP credit, select the general certificate option. See our certifications page for more information.
Who Should Take This Course
- Anyone who is working with a passive aggressive individual who needs help
- Managers & Leadership Professionals
- Human Resources Professionals (HRCI, SHRM, AHRI, CHRP, CHRL, CHRE)
- Certified Diversity Executive (CDE) and Certified Diversity Professional (CDP) seeking re-certification from The Institute for Diversity Certification (IDC).
- Life Coaches and Conflict Coaches (ICF)
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA or BCaBA)
This is a 1 hour online program. You can study at your own pace but still have access to the instructor to ask questions, interact with your fellow students and more. All participants will be required to take an online test to receive their certificate of completion.
To participate in this course you will need Internet access and the ability to view youtube style videos. The course will work on home computers and tablets such as the iPad.
Jennifer Hancock is a mom, author of The Bully Vaccine, and founder of Humanist Learning Systems. Her professional background is varied including stints in both the for profit and non-profit sectors. She has served as Director of Volunteer Services for the Los Angeles SPCA, sold international franchise licenses for a biotech firm, was the Manager of Acquisition Group Information for a ½ billion dollar company and served as the executive director for the Humanists of Florida. Her speaking and teaching business coalesced into the founding of Humanist Learning Systems which provides online personal and professional development training in humanistic business management and science based harassment training that actually works.
Money Back Guarantee
If you are unhappy with the course, or don’t pass the final exam, you may request your money back within 15 days
Group Discount:Groups of 5 or more are eligible for a discount.
(Contact us for more information)