The required training includes information on what practices are prohibited and the remedies available to someone who thinks they have been harassed or discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information or if appropriate accommodation was not made for an employee’s religious practices or any disabilities.
Why choose us?
- We are convenient. This is a facilitated online training. All you have to do is schedule the training and we take care of the rest. There is no need to schedule a room. Just tell us who is taking the course and give us a copy of the EEO policy you need your staff to receive. Once the training is complete, you will receive all the documentation you need for your records to prove your staff not only took the course, but accessed all required course content and passed a final exam.
- It’s an interesting program. In addition to covering the legally required topics, we also include units on how to end harassment and retaliation in the workplace by using behavioral science techniques developed by psychologists. We pay specific attention to the retaliation dynamic so that staff and supervisors learn not just what their legal rights and responsibilities are, but also how to actively manage and fix the behavioral issues causing the problem in the first place. This is information most people have never been taught before and they find it fascinating and helpful. This is the practical skill based training your staff has been hoping for!
- It’s about retaliation. The No-FEAR Act is designed to protect employees from retaliation. Teaching them about the law isn’t enough. If you don’t teach people how to stop retaliation, you aren’t really helping them. Our training not only helps supervisors and staff learn about the protections of the No-FEAR Act, it help them understand the difference between harassment/bullying and conflicts and how to resolve both using behavioral management techniques.
- It’s nearly impossible to pass our final exam if you don’t pay attention. If you like the idea of an online program but are worried that people won’t pay attention, don’t be. What we teach, most people have never been taught before. Our students, even if they start out reluctant, end up actively engaged in the program and find it helpful and fascinating. And if they don’t, that’s OK too. We have the ability to verify course participation and can see who accessed what when and whether they were on for the required amount of time or not. Just because it’s online, doesn’t mean they can cheat.
- We are an EDWOSB in an under-represented NAISC code. This means contracting with us is eligible for set-aside through the WOSB Federal Contract Program and using us will help you meet your supplier diversity targets. You’ll also get a great program your staff will appreciate.
We have three No-Fear Act training options:
- Basic training
- Comprehensive supervisor training;
- Comprehensive staff training.
The comprehensive course is perfect for initial training. The basic course is excellent for review training. This isn’t simply training on the No-FEAR Act. What we teach is powerful and empowering. You will learn what a victim of discrimination, harassment or bullying can do to get their abuser to stop that will actually work.
Basic Training Pricing:
Basic Online Course 1 ½ hours includes: Includes a unit on The No‐FEAR Act and a unit on how to end harassment & retaliation in the workplace using behavioral science techniques. It also includes a complimentary book.
- $35/person if 100 or more
- $25/person if 500 or more
Course can be customized to provide agency specific EEO information and are available for use in governmental lms. Please contact Jennifer Hancock at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or call 727-231-4862 to schedule your training or request more information.
- What are the specific protections afforded by the No-FEAR Act and how employees can file claims and seek appropriate remedies
- What is bullying/harassment and how is it different from conflict
- What are the costs and consequences of workplace bullying/harassment
- How using science can help us to understand the retaliation dynamic
- How to stop workplace aggression using behavioral techniques
Humanist Learning Systems LLC is a SDB/WOSB/EDWOSB registered in the SAMS system.
- DUNS # 078861299 C
- CAGE: 6X5U4
- NAISC – 611430 – Professional Development Training
Online Learning Environment
All of our courses are taught in a Moodle LMS environment and are Section 508 compliant. We provide each lesson as both a video/audio lecture with screen reader availability for those who are vision impaired, and as a .pdf text document with slide graphics for those who are hearing impaired or who prefer to read.
Our Moodle learning management system is compatible with and has been tested on all major browsers and with tablet and mobile devices. The only difficulty that may occur is if participants are behind a firewall that restricts the viewing of YouTube style videos. We use that video codec because almost all systems allow playback of this type of video. However, some organizations do restrict access to that particular video codec to prevent employees from surfing the web. Your IT team can let you know if this will be a problem or not and whether there is a workaround if it is.
Participants may study at their own pace, but still have access to the instructor to ask questions and receive feedback. Additionally, we are able to track participation both in terms of time spent online and whether or not students access all the relevant course content. In order to receive certificates of completion, students must pass the final exam with 70% or greater accuracy, log on for the required number of hours online and access all relevant course content. Full reporting will be provided at the end of the course.
Course can be customized to provide agency specific EEO information.
Please contact Jennifer Hancock at email@example.com for more information or call 727-231-4862 to schedule your training or request more information.
Jennifer Hancock is the author of The Bully Vaccine and cofounder of Stop Bullying International. Her approach to bullying is unique in that she teaches the science of HOW to get bullying to stop using operant conditioning. Her work has been endorsed by psychologists and other professionals who deal with bullying on a regular basis.
What we offer isn’t simply training on the No-FEAR Act. What we teach is powerful and empowering. Your staff will learn what a victim of discrimination, harassment or bullying can do to get their abuser to stop that will actually work.
Humanist Learning Systems is an EDWOSB located in Florida offering a variety of education programs, specializing in: Humanistic Business Management, Bullying
Elimination, Humanistic Parenting and Humanist Life Skills.
Courses can be customized to your organization. Please contact Jennifer Hancock at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or call 727-231-4862 to schedule your training or request more information.