Take your workplace culture to the next level with this online course on the humanistic approach to civility and dignity in the workplace. Led by expert author and instructor Jennifer Hancock, this course will challenge the limitations of using civility as a metric and explore the benefits of centering dignity in all interpersonal interactions. With engaging lessons and practical exercises, this course is designed to provide you with the tools and knowledge needed to create a more respectful and compassionate work environment. Whether you’re a manager, employee, or simply looking to improve your interpersonal skills, “A Humanistic Approach to Civility and Dignity in the Workplace” is the perfect course for anyone seeking to cultivate a dignified and fulfilling workplace culture.
In this program we will talk about what civility is and why it’s beneficial to you – as an individual to behave in a professional dignified manner with others. And how to maintain your dignity in difficult situations.
Cost: US $55 (also available in UK, Canada and Australia)
Length: 1.5 hours
Format: Self Study
This program is broken into two sections. The first discusses civility as a concept, covering the problems and difficulties of using civility as a metric. The second section discussed how to use dignity as a value in the workplace to improve interpersonal relationships and problem solving. The goal is to help people understand how to deal effectively with stress and difficult people while still behaving ethically and problem solving effectively.
- Understand the difference between civility and dignity
- Why civility is a problematic concept and often counter productive to creating cohesive and effective work groups
- How to think about giving and getting dignity
- How to deal with perceived dignity violations so you can move on to effective problem solving.
Benefits of this Course:
- Respect Human Dignity: The course teaches individuals how to approach interpersonal interactions with dignity, which helps to promote respect for the inherent worth and value of each person.
- Improve Interpersonal Communication: By centering dignity in all interactions, individuals can improve their interpersonal communication skills and build stronger relationships with others.
- Enhance Professionalism: A humanistic approach to civility and dignity can enhance professionalism and promote positive outcomes in professional settings.
- Promote Positive Workplace Culture: By embracing a humanistic approach to civility and dignity, individuals can help create a positive and supportive workplace culture that values compassion, ethics, and reason.
- Reduce Conflict: A humanistic approach to civility and dignity can reduce conflict by promoting empathy, respect, and ethical behavior in interpersonal interactions.
- Better Understand the Limitations of Civility: The course explores the limitations of using civility as a metric for interpersonal interactions and emphasizes the importance of centering dignity in all interactions, to help individuals develop a more nuanced approach to communication.
- Learn from an Expert: Taking a course on A Humanistic Approach to Civility and Dignity in the Workplace gives individuals the opportunity to learn from an expert instructor, who can provide personalized feedback and guidance throughout the learning process.
- What to do when people aren’t civil or dignified
Jennifer Hancock is unique in that was raised as a freethinker and is considered one of the top speakers and writers in the world of Humanism today. Her professional background is varied including stints in both the for profit and non-profit sectors. She has served as Director of Volunteer Services for the Los Angeles SPCA, sold international franchise licenses for a biotech firm, was the Manager of Acquisition Group Information for a ½ billion dollar company and served as the executive director for the Humanists of Florida.
Who should take this course?
- HR professionals (HRCI, SHRM, HRPA, CHRP, AHRI) looking to learn more effective ways of addressing this problem.
- Life Coaches and Conflict Coaches (ICF)
- CPAs (Certified Public Accountants) (Meets the standards for Canada CPA PDs.
- People interested in personal development
Continuing Education Credit: 1.5 hour
This course is approved through HRCI and SHRM through our learning partner – Learn Formula. It also meets the standards of several Canadian Bar Associations. If you would like to self certify this course for continuing education self study credit for CHRP, HRPA, AHRI, IDC, ICF, CLM, BCBA or CPLP credit, they offer a general continuing education certificate. See our certifications page for more information.
Money Back Guarantee
Learn Formula offers a money back guarantee If you cancel within 10 days and you’re not completely satisfied, they’ll give you all your money back. No questions asked.
Learn Formula can do group training for you. If you are interested in creating a customized lesson plan, contact me and I will help you design a course of study and connect you to the folks at Learn Formula to set it up.
To participate in this course you will need Internet access and the ability to view youtube style videos. The course will work on home computers and tablets such as the iPad.
USA Market – https://hr-credits-us.learnformula.com/course/a-humanistic-approach-to-civility-and-dignity-in-the-workplace?referral=RVxZiY
UK Market – https://global-accounting-cpd.learnformula.com/course/a-humanistic-approach-to-civility-and-dignity-in-the-workplace?referral=RVxZiY
Canada Market – https://cpdformula.com/course/a-humanistic-approach-to-civility-and-dignity-in-the-workplace?referral=RVxZiY
Australian Market – https://accounting-cpd-au.learnformula.com/course/a-humanistic-approach-to-civility-and-dignity-in-the-workplace?referral=RVxZiY
Legal Market- https://cpd-cle-ca.learnformula.com/course/a-humanistic-approach-to-civility-and-dignity-in-the-workplace?referral=RVxZiY
This videos in this program are available for purchase or rental through Vimeo. Streaming Video is not a certified course option. It doesn’t include handouts, or supplemental materials. Only the video. If you don’t need a certificate of completion – this is a good option. https://vimeo.com/ondemand/civilityinworkplace
Paperback, Ebook at Amazon: https://amzn.to/3XnDB0G
Audiobook: In process – check back at Amazon.