How to maintain your dignity and professionalism in the face of bad bullying management
Can behavioral science help us learn how to deal help bad bullying bosses be less … bad? Yes. It can. Jennifer Hancock, author of several award-winning books and founder of Humanist Learning Systems will teach us how to humanistically help our bosses be better managers. She specializes in humanistic management and programs focused on how to stop bullying and harassment using science. Her insights on how to combine philosophy and science to help solve our problems more effectively have helped countless people all over the world.
Cost: $35 (contact for group rate)
Length: 1 hour 15 minutes
Format: Instructor facilitated self study
Access information: Course access granted at the beginning of each week.
We all know that bullying is not a valid management technique. But what should you do if your boss is the bully? In this program we will discuss reasons why bosses behave badly, the importance of correctly diagnosing the problem, creating a strategy to deal with it and how to use behavioral management techniques to help train your boss to be less bad.
- Reinforce the organizations core values and behavioral expectations through modeling, communication and coaching.
- Provide coaching to managers and executives regarding effectively managing organizational talent
- Develop and Implement and discipline policy based on organizational code of conduct/ethics ensuring that no disparate impact or other legal issues arise.
- Human relations concepts and applications: emotional intelligence and organizational behavior
- What bullying and harassment is
- How to stop unwanted behavior using behavioral science
- Using Compassion and Dignity to address inappropriate behavior in the workplace
- How to document inappropriate behavior effectively.
What you’ll get out of the course:
- What to do the next time you encounter a bad bullying boss
- How to effectively and humanistically deal with bullying problems in the workplace
- Feel more confident knowing you can handle this with your dignity intact.
Jennifer Hancock is a mom, author of The Bully Vaccine, and founder of Humanist Learning Systems. Her professional background is varied including stints in both the for profit and non-profit sectors. She has served as Director of Volunteer Services for the Los Angeles SPCA, sold international franchise licenses for a biotech firm, was the Manager of Acquisition Group Information for a ½ billion dollar company and served as the executive director for the Humanists of Florida. Her speaking and teaching business coalesced into the founding of Humanist Learning Systems which provides online personal and professional development training in humanistic business management and science based harassment training that actually works.
Who should take this course?
- Anyone dealing with a bad bullying boss
- Executive Coaches
- Leaders looking for a psychological insight into how and why managers behave badly.
- Human Resources Professionals (HRCI, SHRM, AHRI, CHRP, CHRL, CHRE)
- Life Coaches and Conflict Coaches (ICF)
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA or BCaBA)
Continuing Education Credit
This course has been approved by HRCI and SHRM starting Jan 1 2020 (Self Paced E-Learning). You can select a HRCI, SHRM and/or a general certificate. If you would like to self certify this course for continuing education self study credit for CHRP, HRPA, AHRI, IDC, ICF, CLM, BCBA or CPLP credit, select the general certificate option. See our certifications page for more information.
This is a 1.25 hour online program. You can study at your own pace but still have access to the instructor to ask questions, interact with your fellow students and more. All participants will be required to take an online test to receive their certificate of completion. You will have one week from the start of the course to complete these materials.
To participate in this course you will need Internet access and the ability to view youtube style videos. The course will work on home computers and tablets such as the iPad.
Money Back Guarantee
If you are unhappy with the course, or don’t pass the final exam, you may request your money back within 15 days
Group Discount:Groups of 5 or more are eligible for a discount. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org