How to maintain your dignity and professionalism in the face of bad bullying management
Can behavioral science help us learn how to deal help bad bullying bosses be less … bad? Yes. It can. Jennifer Hancock, author of several award-winning books and founder of Humanist Learning Systems will teach us how to humanistically help our bosses be better managers. She specializes in humanistic management and programs focused on how to stop bullying and harassment using science. Her insights on how to combine philosophy and science to help solve our problems more effectively have helped countless people all over the world.
Cost: $55 USA (CA$73.33, A$82.13, £48.40)
Length: 1.5 hours
Format: Instructor facilitated self study
Access information: Course access granted at the beginning of each week.
We all know that bullying is not a valid management technique. But what should you do if your boss is the bully? In this program we will discuss reasons why bosses behave badly, the importance of correctly diagnosing the problem, creating a strategy to deal with it and how to use behavioral management techniques to help train your boss to be less bad.
- Reinforce the organizations core values and behavioral expectations through modeling, communication and coaching.
- Provide coaching to managers and executives regarding effectively managing organizational talent
- Develop and Implement and discipline policy based on organizational code of conduct/ethics ensuring that no disparate impact or other legal issues arise.
- Human relations concepts and applications: emotional intelligence and organizational behavior
- What bullying and harassment is
- How to stop unwanted behavior using behavioral science
- Using Compassion and Dignity to address inappropriate behavior in the workplace
- How to document inappropriate behavior effectively.
What you’ll get out of the course:
- What to do the next time you encounter a bad bullying boss
- How to effectively and humanistically deal with bullying problems in the workplace
- Feel more confident knowing you can handle this with your dignity intact.
Good course that gives some good direction when dealing with difficult (bullying) bosses – B.B.
Great course and thanks for the new insights! – JW
This was a great webinar. The speaker was engaging, the information was relevant, and time just flew by. – P.L.
Jennifer Hancock is a mom, author of The Bully Vaccine, and founder of Humanist Learning Systems. Her professional background is varied including stints in both the for profit and non-profit sectors. She has served as Director of Volunteer Services for the Los Angeles SPCA, sold international franchise licenses for a biotech firm, was the Manager of Acquisition Group Information for a ½ billion dollar company and served as the executive director for the Humanists of Florida. Her speaking and teaching business coalesced into the founding of Humanist Learning Systems which provides online personal and professional development training in humanistic business management and science based harassment training that actually works.
Who should take this course?
- Anyone dealing with a bad bullying boss
- Executive Coaches
- CPAs looking for pdcs and ce
- Leaders looking for a psychological insight into how and why managers behave badly.
- Human Resources Professionals (HRCI, SHRM, AHRI, CHRP, CHRL, CHRE)
- Life Coaches and Conflict Coaches (ICF)
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA or BCaBA)
Continuing Education Credit
This course is offered through our learning partner Learn Formula. has been approved by HRCI, SHRM and CPHR Alberta. They also offer general certificates of completion you can use for whatever continuing education or professional development credit you require.
It is available in the following English speaking markets:
USA – https://learnformula.com/course/how-to-humanistically-handle-bad-bullying-bosses?referral=RVxZiY
Learn the Easy Way
Access the course for a full year
Start and finish on your own schedule
Download completion certificates
Share your certificate on LinkedIn
Money Back Guarantee
Learn Formula offers a money back guarantee – details at the website.
This certified course is administered by my partner LearnFormula. You can get this course as a standalone course, or bundle it with my other courses on the site. It is available in multiple currency markets.
Streaming Video On Demand
If you do not need a certificate of completion for continuing education or professional development recertification and you don’t care if you get any of the handouts associated with the course, you can rent or buy the video to stream at Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/badbullyingboss
Get the Companion Book
There is also a companion book to this course available as a paperback, ebook, or audio book. https://amzn.to/3dqILYq