Humanists are pro-democracy. We believe democracy is the best form of government and that we have a moral responsibility to be active participants in our democracy. This program is an introductory program on Humanism and democracy in America. It is designed help you understand where the levers of power in our democracy are so you can participate effectively.
Length: 1 hour 10 minutes
Format: Self Study
This is a short 1 hr 10 minute video lesson with links to additional resources. The goal is for you to learn how to become an active participant in American Democracy
- Define Democracy – The rules of democracy in America
- Basic Unit of democracy – county – or precinct
- Parties – why they exist & how they work
- Where are the levers of power and how do you press them?
- Strategizing for change
- PACS & SIGS – the good and the bad
- What are your options for becoming active in democracy
This course is free with no sign up required.
Log in as a guest at: http://humanistlearning.com/moodle/course/view.php?id=56